- 4 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) Microwave the zucchini on high for 6 minutes, let cool, place it in a tea towel and squeeze as much moisture out as you can.
- Mix the zucchini, egg, mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper, press the mixture onto a baking mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450F oven until lightly golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Note: Step 1 is optional and the recipe will work without doing it but it helps make it easier to remove the moisture from the zucchini. If you use raw zucchini the bake time for the crust will be closer to 20 minutes than 15.
Note: You can add 1/4 cup flour, or rice flour, or almond flour, etc. to the zucchini mixture which will help make the crust stronger but it also makes it a little bit tougher.