Almond -Orange Shortbread
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- In mixer, beat butter, sugar almond extract until smooth. With mixer on low add flour and zest, until a dough forms.
- Gently mix in almonds, by hand.
- Form dough into rectangular log. 12 inches long, 2 1/2 inches wide and 1 inch thick.
- Wrap log in wax paper.
- When you are ready to bake, remove from freezer and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into 1/4 inch slices. Place on parchmant lined baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes, before transferring to rack to cool completely.
- 3/4 tsp coarsley ground black pepper
- 4 skinned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves, plus 2 tbsp freshly minced basil leaves
- 5 tbsp butter, melted, plus 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- fresh basil sprigs, optional
- Prepare your grill
- Get out your fresh basil.
- Press the coarsley ground pepper into the meaty side of the chicken breast halves. Stir the chopped basil into the melted butter.
- Brush the chicken lightly with this mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter,minced basil,parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix together until smoothly blended. Transfer to a small serving bowl and set aside.
- Grill the chicken 8 to 10 minutes on each side, basting frequently with remaining butter mixture.
- Serve the chicken with the basil- butter mixture. Garnish with fresh basil, if you choose.
- Add a squeeze of lemon or lime over the top, just brightens everything up.