- 1 pound dry spaghetti, linguini (pictured), or other favorite pasta
- food coloring
- Parmesan Clouds:1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine about 2 tablespoons of water and 20 drops of food coloring in a large zip top bag. Repeat with however many additional colors you would like. (shown are 6 colors -- red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.)
- When pasta is finished cooking, transfer pasta to a large collander to drain. Then immediately rinse it in cold water to halt the cooking.
- Transfer the pasta in even portions to the prepared zip top bags and seal. Use your hands to carefully combine the pasta and food coloring, and then let each bag sit for at least 1 minute to soak up the color.
- Then, one color at a time, transfer a bag of pasta back to the collander and rinse with cold water to remove any extra food coloring. Then transfer the pasta back to your original pot. Repeat with the remaining colors of pasta. Toss all of the colors of pasta together to combine the colors. Serve and enjoy.
- PARMESAN CLOUDS: To make the Parmesan clouds to accompany the pasta, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then, on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper, place about 2 tablespoons of shredded Parmesan cheese in a flat circle. You can use a cookie cutter to help you shape the circles, if desired. Bake for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges just begin to brown, then remove and let sit for at least 2 minutes. Peel off and serve.