- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar, egg, 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla extract and salt with a spoon until smooth. Gently fold the blueberries into the sour cream mixture. Spoon the filling into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- While the filling is baking, prepare the streusel topping: In a medium bowl combine the brown sugar and flour. Mix the butter in (I always use my hands) until the mixture resembles course sand. Fold in the chopped pecans. After the filling has baked 25 minutes, sprinkle the streusel crunch topping over the top of the pie. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until filling is set and topping is brown.
- Make sure your crust doesn't burn. Either use a crust shield or make a loose foil tent towards the end of baking.
- Remove from oven and let pie sit for at least 10-15 minutes. Serve pie warm or chill it and serve cold.