- 10 soft taco shells
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken - I used 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican Blend – divided use
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. cream cheese – divided use
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chillies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix chicken, 3 oz. cream cheese, 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Roll up chicken mixture in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Place under a high broiler for 3 - 4 minutes to brown the cheese.