- 1cup canned apple pie filling, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/3cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon-sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, stir apple pie filling and apple pie spice until well blended.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended. Sprinkle work surface with additional flour; coat all sides of dough with flour. With rolling pin, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking. With floured 3-inch round cutter, cut out 16 dough rounds, rerolling scraps as needed. Spoon about 1 tablespoon apple filling onto center of 8 dough rounds; top with remaining 8 dough rounds. Press edges with fork to seal. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.