- Taco Pasta
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup Progresso® beef-flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (14.5 oz) organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 oz) chile and roasted garlic Mexican cooking sauce
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, soften, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked medium pasta shells
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place cooked beef and remaining Taco Pasta ingredients except pasta shells and Cheddar cheese; stir until well combined.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Uncover slow cooker; stir in pasta and shredded Cheddar cheese until well combined.
- Cook uncovered on High heat setting 10 to 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with sour cream, salsa and/or shredded cheese.