- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup margarine (I used butter)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup margarine, softened
- 1 tbsp of flour
Cream cheese icing
- 6 tbsp margarine (I used butter)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour to the bowl of a mixer and mix well.
- Pour the milk/yeast mixture in the bowl and using the dough hook, mix well until well incorporated.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide.
- It should be approx ¼ inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make filling, combine the butter, brown sugar, margarine and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
- Cut the dough into 1¾ inch slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cooking time can vary greatly!
- While the rolls are baking make the icing but mixing all ingredients and beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.