- 2 cups chopped cucumbers (3-4 medium cucumbers or 2 larger cucumbers)
- salt, for drawing water out of cucumber
- 1-2 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1-2 tsp. fresh lime juice (to toss with avocado)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint (measure after chopping)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (more or less to taste)
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- Peel cucumbers, and scrape out seeds if they are large. Cut cucumber into 1/2 inch pieces and put in colander. Sprinkle with generous amount of salt and let sit for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, use paper towels to blot the cucumbers to remove the water and salt.
- While cucumber is draining, peel avocado and chop into 1/2 inch pieces. (Here's a good post about how to peel an avocado.) Put avocado into large salad bowl and toss with the 1 or 2 tsp. lime juice. Wash mint and chop with chef's knife or mini-processor. Whisk together olive oil and lime juice to make dressing and measure 1/2 cup crumbled feta.
- Add drained cucumbers, mint, and dressing to avocado and combine. Then gently stir the crumbled feta into salad ingredients. Serve immediately.
- This might possibly stay good in the fridge for a day, but I didn't keep mine around long enough to find out.