- 12 large fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup lowfat cream cheese (softened)
- ⅓ cup cold heavy whipped cream
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- graham cracker crumbs (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, whip (with a wire whisk or an electric hand mixer) together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract, until light and fluffy.
- Wash the strawberries and cut off the tops.
- With a small sharp knife, cut an “X” into each strawberry, starting at the top of the strawberry and cutting down almost to the bottom of the strawberry.
- (The cut should be such that the strawberry will open up but not fall apart.)
- Gently, with your fingertips, spread each strawberry apart to make “petals”.
- Spoon the cream into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Carefully place the tip into the bottom of each cut strawberry and squeeze the filling into each berry being careful not to overfill.
- Sprinkle on some graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.