- 2 large zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fine grain sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 380°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat with olive oil both sides of zucchini slices and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 2 minutes. Take out of the oven, flip zucchini slices with the help of a fork (be careful not to burn your fingers) and bake in the oven for another 2 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and top with ½ teaspoon of tomato sauce and a pinch of shredded mozzarella. Turn on the broiler and bake for an additional minute, until mozzarella is melted but not burned.
- Top with fresh basil (or any other topping of your liking) before serving.