- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2-1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups caramel bits, divided
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (12-15 ounce) jar caramel sauce
- 30-35 mini pretzels (football shaped if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in 30 seconds intervals until completely melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in the sugar then the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour and salt and stir until just combined. Stir in 1 cup caramel bits, crushed pretzels, 1 cup chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack and spread caramel sauce evenly over hot brownies. Place mini pretzels evenly over caramel and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cups of chocolate chips, caramel bits and chopped pecans.
- Place brownies in the refrigerator for at least an hour and the caramel will set. Otherwise, serve warm or at room temperature for a gooey caramel topping. Lift brownies out of dish with parchment paper. Cut into squares.